Friday, January 6, 2012

England ROUND #2

I just arrived back at my flat after a 9.5 hour plane flight (which was fast by the way because of a tail wind), a 1.5 hour bus ride, and a 20 minute taxi ride. Luckily my grocery delivery showed up at about the same time, so I came home to a fully stocked cupboard. Unluckily, we had a slight power outage. However, I now know where the circuit box is and was able to correct this before our cold food spoiled. Unluckily again, it looks like our water heater isn’t working. The red light is on (not a good thing according to the label on the side panel). So all baths until Monday will take place in the tub with my kettle. Yuck!

In other news, I had a great 3 weeks at home with my family, despite a case of the chickenpox! Yikes! And for those of you who are curious, yes I had it when I was little. It was just another case of bad luck I guess. LOL.

I was able to celebrate my best friend's 25th birthday. I was able to see a few of my good friends and ate all kinds of delicious American food to my hearts content. Now that I am back, I am going to rest for the next 2 days - with the exception of having some drinks with friends tomorrow night for my 26th birthday. Then I need to focus my efforts on completing my 3 terms papers due this month. Yikes, again! I better start writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment