Friday, August 24, 2012

Haworth ~ Brontë Country

Last Sunday I went on a magical trip to Haworth, home of the Brontë family, in West Yorkshire. The Brontë sisters (Charlotte, Emily, and Ann) grew up in Haworth, the backdrop of the moors of Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, and The Tenant of Wildfell Hall.

During my visit I spent time in the Brontë Parsonage Museum, rode a steam train to Keighly and back, and walked 8 miles into the moors to visit the Brontë waterfall, bridge, Emily's seat, and Top Withins. Below are some pictures from my adventure.

Haworth Main Street

Haworth Steam Train

Parsonage Museum


Haworth Reservoir

Brontë Bridge

Brontë Bridge

Looking down on Brontë Bridge and Waterfall

Hiking to Top Withins

Jude and I at Top Withins

Top Withins

My new friend in the Brontë Parsonage field...

No comments:

Post a Comment