Saturday, July 16, 2011

Applying for a UK Student Visa

After being accepted to study at the University of Birmingham, my most daunting task so far has been applying for my student visa. Seriously, I would write a term paper every day of the week over this. After several trial and errors I finally located the correct application form (Tier 4 - Sponsored).

Maybe it was just the anxiety of it all, but I found the form difficult to understand and I developed a sense of paranoia about it. I triple-checked every page, wondering if my answers would be sufficient proof of my merit to study in the UK. Too bad the process didn’t end there.

After visiting the website and spending an ungodly amount of money in application fees ($400) I still have work to do. Good thing I haven't been on a shopping spree in a while! I also had to fill out an Appendix 8 – General Student Self Assessment Form, get a passport photo taken, provide bank account information, provide my passport, and have my biometrics recorded (I have an appointment on Tue).

Needless to say, I am exhausted. However, I actually think I am a pro-Tier 4 Visa Consultant. Well, not really, but if you have any questions I will do my best to be helpful.



Resources:
Online UK Visa Applications
Visa Application Guides

No comments:

Post a Comment