Thursday, March 15, 2012

Time to get down to work....

Yesterday I met with my course advisor to talk about my progress at the institute and to discuss ideas for my dissertation. I have decided that the focus of my study will be Word of Mouth: Gossip and Lies. I am debating to focus all of my efforts on Shakespeare's cannon, or to extend my reach to include other playwrights of early modern drama. This would allow me to write about such works as Christopher Marlowe's Edward II and Thomas Middleton's Women Beware Women. However, I would like to make sure that my scope is not too big for my paper, so I may end up just sticking to Shakespeare - After all, there is a plethora of material that pertains to my area of interest. I still do not have a supervisor for my dissertation, but I hope to find one soon that is as excited about my topic as I am. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment