Saturday, April 14, 2012

As You Like It Casting!

I am pleased to announce that I have been cast as Rosalind in The Shakespeare Institute Player’s summer production of William Shakespeare's As You Like It. The production will take place July 19th-21st in the Institute Gardens. This will be my final show with the players, as I will be returing to California in September of this year. I am blessed to play my dream role in Shakespeare's home town and look forward to begining rehearsals at the end of this month.

I have always admired Rosalind because she is intelligent, witty, and an all-around strong woman. She disguises herself as a man in the play, which liberates her to share her female perspectives with her true love, Orlando. I find her very insightful when she speaks about love. She seems incredibly self-aware, embraces love, but is also able to joke about it. She is also the largest female role in the cannon, which presents an additional challenge. I feel honored to play her in Shakespeare’s home town, and during the time of the World Shakespeare Festival. We have our first read-through on April 25th and I am eager to begin the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment