Sunday, April 29, 2012

Love's Cure - Play Reading

I was invited along to a cast reading of Love's Cure, or The Martial Maid by John Fletcher - a gem of a play my friend José A. Pérez Díez has been editing as part of his PhD research at the Shakespeare Institute.  Robert Ball is directing a staged reading of the newly edited script in original practice with an all male cast.  Luckily, despite my womanly figure, a key cast member was missing from the rehearsal and I was afforded the opportunity to read a part.

This was my first encounter with the play.  I enjoyed the gender reversals and utter state of confusion presented in this five act comedy.  There were many laughs to be had, a few awkward moments, and hilarious mispronunciations - all of which resulted in a rather charming evening. I am looking forward to watching the process unfold from the sidelines and the final performance in July.

Read A Bit About the Play and follow The Love's Cure Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment