Monday, April 23, 2012

Shakespeare's 448th Birthday!


Today is Shakespeare's official birthday.  However, the town of Stratford-upon-Avon is quiet today.  I suppose the weekends parades, parties, and other festivities has made us all a little tired. We all returned to our work today. I have spent the last 10 hours working on my essays for my Thursday deadline. They are mostly complete, though I need to proof and edit them.

I am still thinking about Saturday, the most magnificent day I have spent here in Stratford so far. Not only am I living my dream - to live and study Shakespeare in England - but I also have the best friends imaginable. Saturday was a beautiful sunny day and we enjoyed ice-cream and boat races, in addition to participating in Shakespeare's Birthday Celebrations. I will always remember the 44th birthday of William Shakespeare will fondness.


No comments:

Post a Comment