Monday, September 26, 2011

1st night in my new flat!

Today was very adventurous. We had out first official meeting at the Shakespeare Institute.  I met my main professors and the new director of the institute, Michael Dobson. Dobson is a comical character and a very knowledgeable individual. He has already charmed his way into my heart and I look forward to speaking with him more about my studies.

I think this is going to be a very work intensive, but fun year! This semester I am taking 3 modules (classes): Research Skills, History of Performance and Plays & Poems. Classes start tomorrow and continue through Thurs. We also were given a tour of the Institute Library which is very extensive.

After our first meeting we went to the tower at the RSC to view the entire county of Warwickshire. It was an amazing view on a beautiful summer day. It was actually very warm out today with plenty of sun. I hear that the good weather is suppose to continue through the week. Perfect for a California girl like me.

In other news, my mattress arrived today. I have all the pieces of my bed frame on the floor of my bedroom to put together tonight. Yikes! I hope I can figure out how to put this thing together.

Picture to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment